I’ve been on vacation for a little over a week: 6 days on a cruise to Mexico and 3 days visiting family & friends in Louisiana. Needless to say, my daily routine is completely shot! Between the soothing rocking of the boat putting me to sleep at the most random times and the 24-hour pizza and ice cream stations, it’ll be difficult to mentally and physically prepare for my usual Monday. That’s why today’s (Sunday) routine is even more important than normal. Here’s what I’m doing to get ready for a busy week back in the office:
• Head to the gym. The physical activity will help me rest easy but also get my blood flowing so that I’m more energized tomorrow morning.
• Get next to godliness. That really just means ‘clean up’, because “cleanliness is next to godliness” (am I trying to hard to be clever?) Anywho, dishes, laundry, and other piles of clutter must go! Just in case I hit a mid-week slump, I won’t feel so guilty about crashing on the sofa after work.
• Get back to my beauty basics. I’m sunburnt, I also have eczema so fun in the sun equals severe breakouts. Tonight I’ll be using my favorite coffee scrub, moisturizing with an additional splash of Vitamin E oil, and rolling my hair so that I don’t have to wake up any earlier.
•Go grocery shopping. Lemons for my morning water and groceries for the week. Okay, groceries for at least the next few days; I’m sure I’ll be making another trip later in the week.
• Get a glimpse. Peak at my calendar and build my to-do list of appointments, meetings, and assignments I have coming up this week so that I can ease in with a clear set of expectations. Nothing worse than returning to work with surprise deadlines.
• Affirm and Envision. Being on such an amazing vacation was a nice reminder of how much and how often we should be enjoying life. A fresh affirmation and new mini vision board will be a great visual representation of the luxuries that life can afford you when you work hard.