I’m a firm believer that the best way to bring in the New Year is not just by setting goals for the future, but reflecting on and celebrating your past success. This year was full of firsts for me: personally and professionally. Looking back I am reminded that things always turn out well and that there’s no need to carry fear or doubt into 2015. Check out my year at a glance!
- Visited New York City for the first time
- Hosted a national webinar
- Spent 1 week in Washington, D.C. learning about and addressing hunger and homelessness
- Gave an amazing presentation to a group of college students on personal branding for women of color
- Wrapped up a successful school year working in North Carolina
- Relocated to Houston, TX
- Began a new job working as a Career Counselor
- Celebrated 1 year of Sucsass
- Presented at a national conference
- Gave my blog a major makeover
- Got engaged to the love of my life!
- Had my proposal accepted to contribute to a book being published in 2015
Looking at my successes certainly doesn’t mean that there weren’t hardships over this year; I’m just careful to not fuel the fire that could destroy my excitement for 2015. More to come on my plans and preparations for the new year so stay tuned!